Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Celebrities Jenny McCarthy and Holly Robinson talk about Autism on Larry King.



It was an ovewhelming night for me as always when I see Autism being discussed. I had seen Jenny McCarthy and Holly Robinson Peete on Oprah talking about the same thing just 2 weeks ago but on Larry you know that things are always different. Jenny is featured in the latest issue of People magazine and on the cover. Jenny McCarthy who just wrote a book about the fight to save her son "Louder than words" talked about day to day life and Holly talked about the foundation she and her husband founded, Hollyrod which deals with Parkinson's and Autism. One of their twins is autistic. Overwhelming because I have suffered through the stresses and joys of autism myself. Those of you who read this blog know I have experienced a lot of things, met a lot of people and did so much in my life. Nothing prepared me for this one. My oldest is almost 21 and was diagnosed of Autism at 5 years old. We never got early intervention in 1987-90 but struggled through it. He is very high functioning. I am a single mother today and so is Jenny. Holly talked about how her husband and former football player Rodney Peete talks to men about how to cope and deal with this problem as many of us women have felt the men were not "man" enough to deal with it, so they leave. One thing that she said which is known to be true is that it strains relationships, it causes a 90% divorce rate and it can ruin your life. This is part of my story. My oldest son is Autistic. You will see my story later. Other celebrities that have autistic children and have bought the cause out are going to be detailed out in this story too. Dan Marino, Doug Flutie, Tisha Campbell, Former NBC Universal President Bob Wright and his wife Suzanne.

No comments: